lemon + poppy seeds + protein = cake.
delicious, moist, lemony cake that will brighten anyone’s day! the cake part of this recipe is compliments of my sweet friend jenny. i can tell you how healthy this cake is or i can just show you a picture of this chick to prove she does not mess around!
yeah… i’ll have what she’s having!! :)
so jenny brings me some of this cake up to the gym. aah-mazing! however, as far as i’m concerned, i couldn’t quite call it cake with out any icing on top…so, i went straight home and whipped up some lemony protein icing to make it official! protein cake.
lemon poppy seed protein cake
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup stevia
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- coat 9×13 pan with cooking spray or coconut oil
- mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately then mix together and pour into pan
- bake for 25-30 min
lemon protein icing
- 4 oz 0% greek yogurt
- 1 oz (~1 scoop) vanilla protien powder
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp almond butter (optional, helps take the tartness out of the yogurt)
–just beat until smooth & creamy… yummm!
spread icing onto your cake once cooled and sprinkle with poppy seeds on top!
when life gives you lemons…make lemon poppy seed protein cake!!