the best stuffing recipe ever. wild rice, bacon, cranberries and a hint of maple syrup come together the make gluten free greatness for your thanksgiving feast.
this week baby is the size of a grapefruit (*yawn*) and weighs about one pound.
so i’m going to give you something much more exciting (and relevant) than a grapefruit recipe. once you try this dish, i’m sure you’ll be thankful i did. :)
plus, i have a one day kindle (and ipad) cookbook sale for all you paleo lovers!! seriously… this offer is almost too good to be true. even if you’re not strictly paleo… there are some incredible recipes in these books!! get any of these 15 books (listed below) for $0.99 cents each, today only!
that’s a lot to be thankful for! :) share the love… ♥
click here ⇒ $0.99 paleo book sale
1. Everyday Paleo
2. The Ancestral Table
3. The Modern No Nonsense Guide to Paleo
4. Beyond Bacon
5. The Everything Weeknight Paleo Cookbook
6. Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
7. The Paleo Sweet Tooth
8. Decadent Paleo Desserts
9. The Paleo Kitchen
1. The Primal Blueprint
2. The Paleo Girl
3. The Paleo Solution
4. Sexy by Nature
5. Free the Animal
6. The Paleo Manifesto
yeah… i just scored an awesome new collection on my ipad.
okay, back to the recipe.
as un-american as this may sound, i have a confession to make: i’m not a fan of “stuffing.” it actually kinda grosses me out. not to mention it always looks like you’re the second one eating it after it didn’t work out so hot for the first person. (sorry, did i just take that too far?)
if you are anything like me, you will love today’s recipe. it’s also greatness for bacon lovers and anyone on a gluten free diet. bacon + thanksgiving dinner… now that will really give you something to be thankful about!
the wild rice is seasoned with chicken broth and has a slight crunch from the bacon and celery. the stuffing has the perfect hint tartness from he fresh cranberries followed by a sweetness from the drizzle of maple syrup. it sounds kinda weird… but tastes ahhhh-mazing!!
make your thanksgiving meal complete with “green bean casserole” and “mashed potatoes”… or the healthier versions of each.
these are seriously sneaky swaps that get rid of the guilt from stuffing your face over thanksgiving…
go ahead… enjoy. :)
garlic cauliflower mashed “potatoes“
roasted caramelized green beans… easiest side dish ever.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 oz) bag organic wild rice
- 6-8 pieces crispy bacon (crumbled)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cook rice: bring 1 cup water and 4 cups broth to a boil in a medium sized pot. add rice and reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 30-40 min, until just tender. transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. remove bacon and add onion, celery, and sage to skillet until softened and caramelization begins (8-10 min.). stir in cranberries and cook for 2 additional minutes then transfer everything from the skillet into the bowl of rice.
- add maple syrup, crumbled bacon, and 1 egg and fold together until combined.
- transfer to 9x13(ish) casserole dish and bake for about 35 min. serve hot.
Leave a Reply