i’m pretty sure not everyone who reads this is as excited about a green bean recipe as i am. in fact, it sounds pretty lame, i know.
but if you’ve never “roasted” your green beans in the oven before…you are most definitely missing out!
not only is it a super easy way to cook them, but there is virtually zero clean up. no slaving over a stove, no straining the beans, and no blasted “hand wash only” calphalon pot to clean out afterwards! (i told my husband the only reason i would ever want my own cooking show is because they have a full time staff hired just to clean up the kitchen when they’re done!) haha. :)
okay, if i haven’t sold you on the ease factor of this recipe, let me just tell you how delicious they are. they start to caramelize when you bake them which creates a slightly crispier texture than a boiled green bean and is full of flavor. if i don’t put away left overs immediately, i will stand over the baking sheet and eat the whole tray of green beans one-by-one, cold, like it was candy! that’s how good these are.
if you have a picky, veggie-phobic child…try this recipe. seriously.
out with the green bean casserole this thanksgiving and in with these caramelized green beans!
caramelized green beans
- 1 pound of frozen organic green beans (i use frozen because they are able to retain so many more nutrients when frozen as soon as possible after they are picked)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- place aluminum foil or parchment paper over a baking sheet
- in a bowl, toss green beans with olive oil and seasonings until evenly coated
- spread out in a single layer on your baking sheet
- bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly caramelized, stirring once half way through
[…] I love so much! But turnips are very similar in texture and tasty, so I really don’t mind.) -Caramelized Green Beans -Spiced Cranberry Relish -Chopped Bacon and Brussel Sprouts -Beef Celery Apple Walnut Stuffing […]
[…] so much! But turnips are very similar in texture and tasty, so I really don’t mind.) –Caramelized Green Beans –Spiced Cranberry Relish -Chopped Bacon and Brussel Sprouts -Beef Celery Apple Walnut […]
[…] Brown Sugar via Williams Sonoma3. Personally, I’d love to try these caramelized green beans from Delicious by Dre4. This Green Bean Almandine with Craisins looks delicious too! (from Bargain […]