today was freezing outside! okay, i know 50 degrees is not technically freezing, but it sure felt like it. (don’t laugh, here in texas we classify 40-50 degrees as really cold!) mug weather for sure.
there is nothing like holding a mug of hot tea or cocoa when it’s cold outside. you know what i’m talking about…cold weather prompts a mug grip that forgoes the handle altogether. the warmth starts in your fingers and somehow finds it’s way to the rest of your body. i needed that today.
now, let’s get to the cake i mentioned in the title of this post… don’t get me wrong, i love hot tea. hot tea in your mug is great…but warm pumpkin cake topped with pumpkin whip totally beats hot tea any (cold) day of the week in my mug! :)
and there’s more…
paleo pumpkin whip. (if you are not strictly paleo, i totally recommend trying this pumpkin whip recipe with this cake) but if you are paleo, i got something pretty awesome for you too. i mean, it was delicious enough to make me want to to freeze it and try to make a pumpkin frozen “yogurt”…but it is way too cold to be experimenting with that right now!
personal paleo pumpkin pie cake
- 1 tbsp pumpkin
- 2 tbsp canned lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp liquid egg white
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 baking powder
- pinch of salt
- mix the first 6 (wet) ingredients together in your mug
- next, add in the dry ingredients and mix again until smooth
- put in microwave for 2 minutes!! (may vary from 1:30-2:30 depending on your microwave)
paleo pumpkin whip
- 1 tbsp pumpkin
- 3 tbsp canned coconut milk–regular, not light. (whips best when chilled in refrigerator for a few hours first–or overnight)
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (optional…gives a much stronger coconut flavor. this would replace one tbsp of the coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp of stevia
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- tiny pinch of salt
don’t shake coconut milk before opening can. spoon out the thickest part of the milk and beat it with a hand mixer until it starts to firm a bit. then add in the rest of the ingredients until you reach a light fluffy consistency!
easy as pie…pumpkin pie in a mug! :)
top your cake off with whip once the cake has cooled for a few minutes (it comes outta the microwave hot!!!)