i know i have been a bad blogger lately…but it’s only because i’m trying to become a better blogger!!
many of you may know that i jumped into this whole blogging thing a few months ago with absolutely zero experience in photography. i had a camera app on my iphone…that’s it. haha! (i cringe looking back at those pictures!) i am excited to announce that i am now the proud owner of a brand new canon rebel dslr camera!!! it’s amazing. and time consuming. and i’m trying to learn as i go. so i haven’t posted as much recently. but i promise it will all pay off…with mouth-watering photographs that inspire you to eat cleaner and healthier…
…like this protein packed spinach and artichoke dip.
i just googled how many calories are in the average spinach and artichoke dip you might order at a restaurant…almost 2,000 calories and 150 grams of fat! my protein packed version…730 calories and only 11 grams of fat total. but that’s not even the best part; this dip is loaded with 76 grams of protein! (don’t act like you’re not impressed…)
this dish can be served hot (as described in recipe) or cold…
serve with fresh veggies, pita chips, or whatever you’d like!
- 8 oz 0% (fat-free) greek yogurt
- 8 oz 1% no-salt added cottage cheese
- 1 10 oz package of frozen spinach, thaw and press all water out of it
- 1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts (in water, not marinated)
- 1 5 oz can water chestnuts, diced
- 1 packet ranch dips seasoning
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a food processor (or blender) process cottage cheese until completely smooth. add in greek yogurt and ranch seasoning. peel and smash garlic cloves with the flat edge of a knife and add to food processor. make sure all water is squeezed and pressed out of spinach and process until smooth.
- strain and press as much water out of artichoke hearts and water chestnuts as possible...this is important so you don't get a watery dip. add artichoke hearts to processor and pulse until combined...don't over process!
- transfer dip from food processor into a bowl. dice up water chestnuts (i use the slap chop which only makes this step take about 20 seconds) make sure excess water is strained out before adding to dip. stir until mixed in and then spoon out dip into 4 small oven-safe ramekins.
- top each ramekin with about 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 20-25 min or until cheese begins to brown and bubble on top.
this can also be made in a glass dish instead of in individual ramekins. after removing from the oven, a little excess liquid around the edges is normal...this will reabsorb once dip cools for a minute. serve with fresh veggies or pita chips!
[…] ways to boost your immune system; if you aren’t sick you shouldn’t have to eat like you are. DeliciousbyDre offers us a wonderful, healthy version of this popular […]