there are only a few days left of october…and I still have more pumpkin recipes to try and cram in before the month is over!
today, i present you with pumpkin protein waffles…paleo pumpkin protein waffles!
my first waffle making experience was a disastrous failure! mega-fail. (for those of you who follow me on instagram, i’m sure you got a good laugh!) i even broke our brand new waffle maker i had bought on my very first attempt!
two months and one delicious pumpkin waffle recipe later, i am proud to show off my new waffle-making skills!
pumpkin protein waffles
- 1 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond flour (make your own!)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp organic milled flax
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or splenda/stevia for a sweeter taste)
- 1 tsp macadamia nut oil (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pre-heat waffle maker to medium low heat
- stir in/dissolve the pumpkin into the egg whites
- mix dry ingredients separately & add to the wet ingredients
- pour in 1/2 cup measure of waffle mix evenly onto waffle iron
- close shut and set timer for 2 1/2-3 minutes (time may vary based on waffle maker)
i would choose this healthy, protein-packed, 150 calorie waffle over the state fair’s 1,000+ calorie belgian waffles any day!